Date Night? 5 Easy-To-Make Desserts That Won't Disappoint
Whether it's date night, treat night, or just any regular night of the week. When it comes to enjoying a delicious dessert, any excuse is a good excuse.
We've put together 5 simple and easy-to-prepare desserts that will hit your sweet spot.
Bookmark this blog or screenshot your fave recipes, and enjoy!
Note that these recipes and nutritional information are for single serve portions. Simply multiply the quantity of ingredients by the number of serves you wish to make.
Cinnamon Sugar Bites
- Calories: 346
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbs: 33g
- Puff Pastry Half Sheet (84g)
- Butter 10g
- Ground Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Natvia (Granulated Baking Sweetener) 3 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry into 1 inch squares and set aside.
- Add butter to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10 second intervals, until melted.
- In a separate bowl combine natvia and cinnamon.
- Dip puff pastry squares into butter followed by cinnamon mix. Add each piece to baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
*Cinnamon bites can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the pantry for 2-3 days.
Raspberry Chocolate Mousse
- Calories: 271
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbs: 24g
- Ricotta 100g
- Raspberry Jam 15g
- Milk Chocolate 15g
- Raspberries 35g
- Natvia (Granulated Baking Sweetener) 2 tsp
- Mint, for garnish
- Add chocolate to a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 15-20 seconds, until melted.
- In a food processor or blender add ricotta, melted chocolate, jam, natvia and a pinch of salt. Process until well combined, scraping sides of bowl midway.
- Scoop mousse into a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour, until firm.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and mint.
*This dessert can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Biscoff French Toast
- Calories: 494
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbs: 57g
- Wholemeal Bread 2 slices (80g)
- Biscoff Spread Crunchy (Lotus) 40g
- Egg 1 Large
- Almond Milk 50ml
- Ground Cinnamon 0.5 tsp
- Vanilla Extract 0.5 tsp
- Natvia (Granulated Baking Sweetener) 0.5 tbsp
- In a deep plate or bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and half of cinnamon. Set aside.
- Remove crust from bread with a knife. Using a rolling pin or tenderizer, flatten each slice of bread until thin.
- Use half of the biscoff to spread evenly on each slice. Using your fingers, roll bread up into cigar shapes.
- Soak bread in egg mixture for 1-2 minutes on each side. Pour any leftover mixture into a container and refrigerate.
- In the meantime, heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat and apply a light spray of oil, if necessary. Once hot, add soaked bread/cigars to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- On a shallow plate, mix together remaining cinnamon and natvia. Roll french toast in mixture coating evenly.
- Melt remaining biscoff and pour over french toast.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Calories: 273
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbs: 33g
- Strawberries 150g
- Milk Chocolate 25g
- White Chocolate 20g
- Add milk chocolate to a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each strawberry in chocolate and set aside on parchment paper. Let refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to set chocolate.>
- In the meantime, melt white chocolate in the microwave.
- Drizzle white chocolate over strawberries.
Strawberries & Cream Jar
- Calories: 403
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 24g
- Carbs: 40g
- Thickened Cream (Light) 70g
- Strawberry Jam 30g
- Dark Chocolate 30g
- Strawberries 60g
- Icing Sugar 5g
- Finely dice strawberries. Add jam to a small bowl with strawberries and mix to combine.
- Pour cream into a separate bowl with icing sugar and using an electric mixer, beat until whipped.
- Chop chocolate into fine pieces.
- Assemble jar: add 1/4 of strawberry mix to bottom of jar followed by 1/4 of cream and chocolate. Repeat this process with remaining ingredients for your desired amount of layers.
*This meal can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Hooked and wanting more?
The Move With Us App is filled with more macro-friendly recipes than you could ever imagine.
You'll receive customised meal guides tailored to your dietary requirements and personal goals, nutrition tracking features, 850+ recipes and so much more.