This Easter, our team of Dietitian's have prepared some delicious and nutritious festive treats for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
Whether you have a sweet tooth for Easter eggs or are looking for a savoury share plate for Easter Lunch, we’re sure there’ll be a recipe for you.
Please note that these recipes and nutritional information are only for a single-serve portion. If you're cooking for more than one or want to meal prep, simply multiply the quantity of ingredients by the number of serves you'd like to make.
Protein Creme Egg
- 1x Milk Chocolate Easter Egg (Hollow)
- 25g Casein Custard
- 1tsp Sugar Free Caramel Topping
- Using your hands, gently break easter egg in two halves.
- In a small bowl combine casein custard powder and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix to combine until a thick paste consistency is reached. Additional water can be added if required to reach desired consistency.
- Fill each half with custard and top one half with caramel topping.
- Close Easter egg and let refrigerate for at least one hour.
Hasselback Hot Cross Bun
- 1x Hot Cross Bun (Fruit)
- 15g Nutella
- 45g Strawberries
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Face hot cross bun upwards with cross facing up. Cut 3-4 slits slicing 3/4 of the way down hot cross bun.
- Evenly spread Nutella in each slice and fill with thinly sliced strawberries.
- Oven cook: bake in oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Air fryer cook: cook in air fryer at 180°C for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and top with sugar free maple.
- 150g Carrots
- 5g Butter
- 3g Honey
- ½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- Prepare ingredients: trim ends off carrots and wash carrots thoroughly.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Once melted, add carrots, honey and dried mixed herbs. Season to taste and toss gently to combine.
- Cook until carrots become slightly softer, roughly 4-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Mini Cob Loaf
- 1x Bread Roll (Wholemeal) (70g)
- 60g Light Cream Cheese
- 30g Greek Yoghurt
- 10g Parmesan Cheese
- 40g Frozen Spinach
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Onion Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut top 1/3 off bread roll. Pull inside of bread roll out leaving a hollow hole and ensure to leave a 1cm thick shell.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, yoghurt, parmesan cheese, spinach and garlic and onion salt.
- Scoop mixture into hollowed bread roll and place on baking sheet. Place pulled bread bits from inside of roll around edges.
- Cook in oven for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crunchy and golden brown.
We hope you enjoy these Easter recipes!
You can join one of our Programs to receive 6 months access to all features of the MWU App, including customised Meal Guides suited to your health and fitness goals, and personalised calorie and macro targets to help you succeed.